Saturday, March 11, 2006

who needs sleep?

Ok...sorry it's taken me so long to post... i tried to yesterday but blogger was down so here goes

I'm back in Alabama for those of you who weren't sure what exactly my plans were. I was very unhappy being in Chile : didn't like the city, the transportation, the food, the school, my classes, all in all the only thing i liked about it was how beautiful the country is (miles claims there's gotta be something else but i guess i'll have to get back to you about that)

I wouldn't say it was a waste cause i'd say i definitely learned a little bit about myself through it all... like the fact that i still LOVE to travel (as i always have) but i now realize that amazing experiences like that aren't as memorable unless you have someone to share them with...traveling alone is no fun (for me atleast...props to everyone who HAS studied abroad and loved it) i also improved my spanish in the short 2 weeks i was gone...it was very difficult to understand most of the Chileans because they talk SO fast...but i think i put up a good fight with the language :)

So now i'm just chillin in Madison until May or June probably, when i will enroll in summer classes at UAB to make up my missed semester this spring...hopefully it won't be a problem

This weekend i'm at the first of many weddings that i would have missed had i stayed in Chile...my cousin's getting married in about 3 hours! so i'm in Indiana with my family and i'm so tired from all this traveling! i'll be catching up on sleep for awhile... Also, Brian and Ashley are getting married today in B'ham i wish i could be there...but family comes first! haven't seen my cousins in about 3 years...since the last wedding (my older sister's) I guess if i want to see them again i'll have to get married...just kidding

alrighty well time to go get ready

Congrats to Dawn and Matt.... Ashley and Brian! i hope the weddings are amazing! love you all

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauren Davidson said...

probably not clay but thanks for the offer! haha i'm not gonna be living in b'ham cause i'm not taking classes so it's not worth it to pay rent at an apartment...but i'll be there wednesday to record...see you then!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home