Thursday, March 02, 2006

ay de mi!

HOLA de nuevo! (hello again!)

well...a lot has happened since my last post. It´s has a been a frustrating couple of days. getting transportation, phones, internet and all that fun stuff worked out is pretty difficult... you wouldn´t think so but it sure is

yesterday i had my orientation at La Potificia Universidad Catolica de Chile... it was alright i guess. i didn´t really learn much but i did meet some people! Lene from Norway, Marie from Japan, and Jessica and Duncan from Australia... it was so nice to meet other students that understand exactly what you´re going through. today a couple of us met up to register our visas and get our resident ID cards...kinda weird and took a long time but we did it! we were really proud of ourselves haha

i also got a phonecard and got to talk to my parents and Miles which was great! and i´m getting internet on saturday so i can do all this stuff at home at night and not have to pay for it cause right now everytime i want to use the internet i have to walk to this place and pay for it...

thank you sooooo much to everyone who has emailed me! i had like 15 emails waiting for me in my inbox today...it was amazing!

alrighty well i´m exhausted from my day today so i think i´m gonna go home and relax...maybe read a little

que tengas un buen dia! (hopeyou have a great day)

ciao

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Lauren,

While I was in Wales I found a free internet phone service. It's called Skype. All you have to do is download the program to a computer and talk away. Of course you need a microphone and headphones, but any good computer store should have those. Thought I'd let you know about it. It saved me a TON of money in Wales. Good luck and I look forward to reading your blog for the next couple of months.

Robert

2:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lauren,

Thinking of you here. I met several folks from Bob Jones today and kept mentioning your name. Stay safe, and come back sooner than expected.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home