Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Chile: DAY ONE

so i made it to Chile safe and sound...the plane ride was great - we got on at 10 pm watched a movie and ate dinner i fell asleep at 12 and next thing you know it´s 6 am (aka i slept the whole plane ride which is a blessing) we´ve had a time change so it´s actually 8 and they´re serving breakfast and i can see the peaks of the Andes mountains right outside my window! i had a window seat by the way so that was awesome...the mountains were so beautiful i almost cried...i was really mad that i didn´t have my camera with me! and i got picked up at the airport and brought to the apartment i´m staying at... i have my own bedroom AND bathroom and an AMAZING view of the mountains right outside my window...i will send pictures as soon as i get my computer hooked up to the internet (right now i´m at a cafe)

but the people i´m living with seem cool... i haven´t met my hostess yet (Pilo) cause she´s at work, but i´ve met her 15 year old son Jethro and he´s cool..he speaks pretty good english so he´s been talking my ear off...and i´ve met Flor she´s the nanny-maid or whatnot which is cool. she made my lunch (el almuerzo) it was this casserole thing of beef potatoes and eggs and i had tomatos and cucumber (tomates y pepinos) it was all very good. i feel so healthy...no fast food haha

so i´m all settled in and such...and i have no idea what i´m going to do for the rest of the day...i kinda want to go exploring but i don´t know if i want to brave the Metro alone...but i might we´ll see...

correction on my address. i forgot to include the postal code so here it is again!
Maria Teresa 6286 Depto. 609
757-0090 Las Condes CHILE

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you! It's so exciting!

12:00 PM  
Blogger CarolineLSpears said...

Hola!!
So glad you made to Chile safely!!
Hope you have the best time!!
Love, Caroline and baby

2:21 PM  
Blogger delia said...

hey, im glad you there...you better put me on your email list, i wanna keep up with you!!! have a great time!

11:32 PM  
Blogger jhooduab said...

That is so great! Have fun! I love mountains. I can't wait to see the pictures. Learn alot too.

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home